Pas Reppas

I HAVE A QUESTION ( for owner elite and other staff members)

So, The main reason I have brought this to your attention is I believe it NEEDS to be fixed! 

My question is Why is racism not allowed on the server but homophobic slurs are?? now PLEASE update the rules and show the STAFF team this question and make a change to the current rules (i have asked 6 or so admins/staff and have not got a good answer)

The reason I suspect this is happening is ALOT of people say faggot to one another 

As this makes the server seem offensive, homophobic, and many more unpleasant things.

and I hope elite sees this because I have been told he is the one who adds/removes rules and hope to see this new rule in place

( something I want to add I am not saying we should allow racism but I feel that homophobic slurs should be treated the same as racism and become a rule for the future)

faggot
ˈfaɡət/
noun

1. 1.
    NORTH AMERICANinformaloffensive
    a male homosexual.
Edited by Pas Reppas
  • Agree 1

As a JEW who is feeling racism everyday 

every server i wen't in gmod i felt at least 10 times offended by other people who are german polish ETC

homosexuals slurs is a way of life if people want to be gay let them be

but when it comes to racism 0 tolerance

i could banned at least 5 people in this server for racism by reporting them but i am used to this but if someone is taking it to another level i have 0 tolerance for this i'll stop RPING and try to get an admin as fast as i can to stop his madness 

What's the difference between racism and homophobia though, its just the people that the comments are aimed at and who are offended by the comments.

Racism and homophobia should be treated the same way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, UberZ said:

What's the difference between racism and homophobia though, its just the people that the comments are aimed at and who are offended by the comments.

Racism and homophobia should be treated the same way.

I have to agree here, I think we need to sort this asap.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Richer said:

That's no excuse to call someone a "faggot".

Also it's not always a choice to be homosexual. Some are born to like the same gender.

Also, I completely agree that homophobia and racism should be treated equally.

It's weird though. Calling someone a "faggot" should fall under the rule:

1. General Communications 

3. With intent trying to cause alarm, harassment or distress

Yet I've never seen anyone punished for it.

• Agree 1

So if we see some saying the n word or "faggot" we will do the same punishment now, 12 hour ban. Any other thing I think we should to, like calling someone a "jew" to make them mad or anything of the sort. im kinda speaking for the staff team here as it is to some people is just as offensive and is breaking the same rule we have been banning people for the n word, Just more people use "faggot" and I guess more staff members do also when there messing around and doesnt raise a big red flag like the n word does.

Edited by Zairen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zairen said:

So if we see some saying the n word or "faggot" we will do the same punishment now, 12 hour ban. Any other thing I think we should to, like calling someone a "jew" to make them mad or anything of the sort. im kinda speaking for the staff team here as it is to some people is just as offensive and is breaking the same rule we have been banning people for the n word, Just more people use "faggot" and I guess more staff members do also when there messing around and doesnt raise a big red flag like the n word does.

I mean using f***ot, always annoy's me and you can see i have warned people in the past, because it is A derogatory slur against someone. And is mostly used for players to disrespect each other without getting warned as the staff team doesn't really mind as a whole and doesnt take offense, but it is a slur that should be on the same level as n*****.

Edited by RecoiledYT
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thought this is not tolerated I don't think people should take offense on what is said online. Me and I know other staff is always trying hard to make the server better but warning everyone who says "faggot" is not the right answer.

7 hours ago, Richer said:

As a JEW who is feeling racism everyday 

every server i wen't in gmod i felt at least 10 times offended by other people who are german polish ETC

but when it comes to racism 0 tolerance

i could banned at least 5 people in this server for racism by reporting them but i am used to this but if someone is taking it to another level i have 0 tolerance for this i'll stop RPING and try to get an admin as fast as i can to stop his madness 

But if people want to be racist you should let them be too then since we let people be gay. Do you see what im getting at here? Now im not racist or gay btw the ban i got for racism is false just in case you try to contradict me but back to the point. I dont have a problem with people being racist or gay. Should people be racist? No because we are all created equal but if thats someones beliefs and opinions let them have them but we should at least try to keep racist and gay/lesbian opinions out of the communication in game so there wouldnt be any big arguments.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Freezy said:

Thought this is not tolerated I don't think people should take offense on what is said online. Me and I know other staff is always trying hard to make the server better but warning everyone who says "faggot" is not the right answer.

Why should homophobic slurs be allowed but racism not? They should both be warnable. Even the current rules state that staff should give warns for it: "With intent trying to cause alarm, harassment or distress".

^

That contradicts the rules. And it's not like Amendments are binding on the internet anyway.

Edited by UberZ

1 hour ago, Lethomius Maximus said:

Why should homophobic slurs be allowed but racism not? They should both be warnable. Even the current rules state that staff should give warns for it: "With intent trying to cause alarm, harassment or distress".

Did I say it was allowed? No. I said people should't get offended by stuff that is said online.

Tbh yes people shouldn't call others faggot in ooc, but if it's just said over voice, It's roleplay after all if you are going to get insulted over being called a faggot in a roleplaying game you can always go outside.

4 hours ago, UberZ said:

^

That contradicts the rules. And it's not like Amendments are binding on the internet anyway.

it was a joke. Im talking about people yelling at me for talking shit, its not like im yelling out racial slurs or shit that offends anyone. I shouldn't need to worry about that but I guess not

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Lethomius Maximus said:

You literally said "warning everyone who says "faggot" is not the right answer." lol.

lets see that work..

2 hours ago, Denis Smith said:

I hate when people use the n word in bad ways, but I think this should be changed because of how many young men there are on this server

Did you just assume my gender? Jk bby <3

Saying the N word doesn't make someone racist nor is calling someone a faggot make them homophobic. Its the context in which the words are used.

• Agree 1
  • Dumb 2

10 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Saying the N word doesn't make someone racist nor is calling someone a faggot make them homophobic. Its the context in which the words are used.

dosent matter you will be banned if you use it in Hyplex

• Agree 2