Sign in to follow this  
Lethomius Maximus

How to: Raid proofing your base.

Hello! My name's Spartacus. I just tought I'd make a guide on how to make your base almost 100% raid proof (Without breaking the rules).

This also works in a short space, so you don't need to keep making those long hallways to counter people with breaching charges.

Total amount of props per door is 5/6 and your entire base could most likely just use 1 door and still be raid proof.

This is what it will look like from the raider's perspective.

XIiSKrm.png

Without materials:

kphVqj8.png

The door itself is nocolided. The box on top is to prevent you from jumping over the box in the door, but you could just use a low roof for that, as long as they can't crouch jump above it.

The block on the door consists of 4 blocks. As you see the red ones are no-collided blocks and the green block is the actual fading door.

Now remember, this is zoomed in and very hard to hit this spot in a real raid.

To be able to make this, you have to use a stacker tool, spawn 4 boxes in a line, use precision with like 0.1

The first box you make the fading door, which is the green block in the picture below.

The second box you move slightly upwards, then slightly behind the green fading door.

Third box you move slightly to the right and a tiny amount up, but let it go infront of the green box.

Fourth box you move a little bit down and have it stay outside the green box.

Make sure that the box 2, 3 and 4 are no-collided, along with the door itself.

Also make sure that the boxes are not sticking too much out the door, just enough to be able to lockpick/breaching charge it (Don't want you warned for propblock).

You should now end up with it looking like this:

3XC9BY3.png

Now all you have to do, is to change the material so it's all black.

Here's a zoomed out picture of the thing, to show you how small of an area it really is.

beyOK9y.png

Now, imagine that in black material so you can't see it.

I highly recommend putting this door in a black hallway.

One last thing, before you use this in your base, please place the block somewhere else, otherwise people will know where it's at and it'll be a little bit easier, but still really hard.

If you need any help with this, either contant me in-game: Spartacus, or here on the Forums.

I can also give you the dupe for this if you're having trouble building it yourself.

Thanks for reading, and happy building! 😸

• Late 1

4 minutes ago, Denis Smith said:

and, u still posted it

Ofcourse, why wouldn't I help players?

Even if I did teach only Sage about it, one of the members would leak this method out anyways, so what's the difference? 😹

Just now, Lethomius Maximus said:

Ofcourse, why wouldn't I help players?

Even if I did teach only Sage about it, one of the members would leak this method out anyways, so what's the difference? 1f639.png

Its fine, i have a idfferent method

Just now, Denis Smith said:

Its fine, i have a idfferent method

You could just use this method and just move the block somewhere else. I guarantee you, people will just give up raiding you lol.

It's called ORIGINALITY not

"Lets copy this guys idea because it's good"

make your own design that's good.

i had a base that a kid wanted for $100 PayPal but I ain't giving shit away for nothing, it's my design, tough shit

• Dumb 1

Wh

1 hour ago, Lethomius Maximus said:

You could just use this method and just move the block somewhere else. I guarantee you, people will just give up raiding you lol.

Steam name?

1 hour ago, Twix said:

i had a base that a kid wanted for $100 PayPal but I ain't giving shit away for nothing, it's my design, tough shit

Yeah, pretty much

3 hours ago, Twix said:

I'm not sure wether you're complaining about my guide or not lol.

As far as I know, this is my own design, and it's good.

And no matter what you do, there will always be people who copy others (Just look at all those tunnel bases or box bases).

1 hour ago, Denis Smith said:

Wh

Steam name?

Yeah, pretty much

Spartacus is my in-game name 😸

so confused lmao, could you maybe show me ingame when you have time? Sorry im a dumbass lol

3 hours ago, Zairen said:

so confused lmao, could you maybe show me ingame when you have time? Sorry im a dumbass lol

Lol ofcourse. Just grab me whenever you see me in-game 😹

I thought of doing this but decided it was too scummy lmao xD, are u sure that you can still lockpick from the other side? otherwise it's not allowed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Twix said:

Are you saying you made this design first?

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

I thought of doing this but decided it was too scummy lmao xD, are u sure that you can still lockpick from the other side? otherwise it's not allowed.

Lol.

Yeah, it's possible to lockpick from the other side.

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Are you saying you made this design first?

The chance of that is close to 0% lol. Think about it, GMod has been around for many years, the chance of making something original is close to 0%.

I'm sure this design has been used years ago. Also, you can't copyright a building style within GMod lol, so nobody really "owns" it.

2 hours ago, Lethomius Maximus said:

Lol.

Yeah, it's possible to lockpick from the other side.

The chance of that is close to 0% lol. Think about it, GMod has been around for many years, the chance of making something original is close to 0%.

I'm sure this design has been used years ago. Also, you can't copyright a building style within GMod lol, so nobody really "owns" it.

Ahh thats good, yea I wasn't calling you out for copying, just wanted too know if twix was claiming that ;)