drizzy.vip

General Update/Info

Hi,

This is a post to keep everyone up to date with whats going on, and fill you in w/ what's been going on recently and some future plans.

Firstly, the Hyplex launch has gone really well in my opinion so far, it's done much better than I'd expect - and I wanted to thank the awesome community we've got for sticking around while we've been working on the server, forums, etc.

So what's going on?
There has been a brief break w/ development as I've been handling a slight nuclear meltdown at Crident. That's now mostly handled so I'm able to continue updates more frequently again. Some people don't understand why I'm pushing new updates so hard currently - and I'm changing some small things to hopefully clear up why development is like it is currently.
Hyplex is basically in beta still, and I've decided we're going to be calling it Hyplex beta for now to keep that obvious. The server isn't supposed to be done before it hits 2.0. Hyplex pre 2.0 is going to be feature-lacking, buggy and undergoing constant changes with things.

Okay, so what should we expect pre-2.0?
To keep it brief, and to only focus on the interesting things:

• A second US server on a diff map (all data will carry over other than your level in game)
  • Anticheat stuff
  • Crafting (this one is a maybe, I want it to work well...)
  • Leveling system
  • Totally new prop protection
    • Camera changes (the tool), so you can't put cameras through props
  • Text hats
  • Police shields
  • Server intro
  • New spawn system (distribute/random spawn points)
  • Adv dupe trading system
  • Major serverside and clientside performance improvements (FPS, etc.)
  • Event system
  • Attachments and other shit will be invent friendly
  • Armour and health chargers in F4
  • Random presents spawning around the map
  • Third person
  • Perma custom CS:GO knife builder
  • Upgradable go karts
  • More kshop stuff
    • jump upgrade
    • health upgrade
    • more invent space
    • 100 credit custom chat tag
    • more vip jobs (at least 3)
    • exclusive go-kart things maybe
    • exclusive CS:GO knife effects maybe
    • player model override/other cosmetic things
    • pets
    • much more
  • Major police overhaul (this will continue on into 2.x as there is loads of stuff I wanna do with police)
    • Mayor hit system
  • much more

Some other side things are a forum re-vamp, with more ranks that automatically sync in game, new rank badges. The rules are also due for a face-lift at some point, but they're not in critical need of work yet...
Obviously there will be an immense amount of bug fixing, and other things added while this stuff is slowly phased in. This should all be done for 2.0 - which is when I'll personally consider the server "ready". I hope you guys stick around to see it all evolve.

You're gunna need to bear with me...
Obviously I'm only human and sometimes I'll be just too busy to push out updates as fast as we all might want. I hope you guys can understand that, and just bear with me while we do all this.

We're also in the process of establishing a self-sustaining staff team - part due to changes which are due (admins being able to unban, mentors setting trial mod etc.), which consumes a load of time and really isn't easy. We've really launched this server in a unique way to how I normally do it, and instead of doing months of prep I just hit the ground running and I'm trying to keep up. This might fuck Hyplex in the long-run, but it got the server out much quicker than it would have normally come out and I think everything is going well enough already to justify that. To staff, being as active as you can while we're doing all this helps immensely. Time is the key thing I need to make the above happen, and while I'm handling staff related things, or there are no staff online it just eats into the time for things above, as it also totally kills my "flow", and can really cause a whole days worth of productivity to half.

As another side note, we're currently trying to work out licensing to see if we can also reboot Hyplex 3.0 (if you guys also want this, obviously when we know if we can), which would run alongside our DarkRP servers. Credits would carry through servers etc.

• Like 1
  • Winner 4
  • Useful 1
  • Agree 1

Things take time after all Rome wasn't built in a day ;) 
And these future updates look amazing, you work so hard its unreal and we need to appreciate this you are one of the best owners / dev's ever the amount of time you put into the server.

• Like 1

All these things look sick and I cant wait for the go karts and the CSGO knifes, But please dont make crafting like it was in Hyplex 3.0. Other than that I cant wait for all the stuff to come out!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xaden said:

All these things look sick and I cant wait for the go karts and the CSGO knifes, But please dont make crafting like it was in Hyplex 3.0. Other than that I cant wait for all the stuff to come out!

It won't be like 3.0 unless we launch 3.0 and you join 3.0 ;)
I'm not looking to make Hyplex 2.0 like Hyplex 3.0 - and fuck me who named all this shit we're going to need to change those names at some point lmao

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Love the ideas, can't wait! Keep it up Driz <3 Also, For 3.0 would our money from before carry over? 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, drizzy.vip said:
  • Major serverside and clientside performance improvements (FPS, etc.)

Thank god, barely scraping 25 atm. 

Edited by Jumbo

Only thing i'm not too sure about is crafting tbh, maybe only use this in 3.0? The adv dupe trading sounds cool and the health and armour chargers would be great for base defense. As for the map, could the current one be changed to the initial 3.0 map by any chance? Or would fps issues ruin that possibility?

Would it be possible to have one of the server's have crafting and one not?

8 hours ago, Matrix said:

@drizzy.vip I think it would be dope with a custom Map for Hyplex aswell. Possible Feature maybe? Or if not then why?

Finding good mappers is pretty impossible. We've spent probably close to $700-800 on mappers and never had good results.

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, drizzy.vip said:

Finding good mappers is pretty impossible. We've spent probably close to $700-800 on mappers and never had good results.

thats a lot of money

m8 ima be honest this seems freakin AWESOME keep on with this great work 

Gonna make some bases with go-kart entrances and shit, but it all depends on what size they turn out to be.

• Winner 1