✪ Rose

The NO ADVERT rant

17 posts in this topic

————Advert————

I really don’t like the damn no advert system. You can never know if you are getting raided or countered. It’s hard to know if people are with you or against you.

Other servers that I really like have advert systems. Servers like RP land have adverting, it really helps admins know what happened. Even though Hyplex is by far my favourite server on Garry’s mod, no adverting can be a big trouble, especially if you are raiding. No adverting can confuse raiders from people that counter.

Admins and mods can use this to help solve problems. For example, Suspect A claims suspect B and suspect C RDM’d him when he tried to assist, the Admin can look in logs and see if he adverted or not. Another reason why I think that this server should add adverting is because of the warning system. Players think that they can warn in voice chat when sometimes, they can be hard to understand or be counting way to quickly just because they are kill thirsty.

-Rose

(I have noticed that this is not really a rant and more of a persuasion for the owner of the server)

Learn to keep watch over your base. And askuik said you walk up to someone’s door knock on it and be like “hey I’m here to take all of your belongings, so you know... watch out.”

If you are hoping for management to add the advert system then you are dreaming my friend. This is one of the features that makes Hyplex unique.

• Agree 1

What Frazer said, this will more than likely never happen. Tbh, I like there being no advertising, adds a bit of mystery and excitement when getting raided, keeps you on your feet.

I just like the advert way that many other servers use, I agree that it makes the server unique. I find it hard to keep track of who is countering, there could be some random person behind the base that just watches the raid and killers the raiders and claimed he “Countered,”

36 minutes ago, ✪ Rose said:

I just like the advert way that many other servers use, I agree that it makes the server unique. I find it hard to keep track of who is countering, there could be some random person behind the base that just watches the raid and killers the raiders and claimed he “Countered,”

That's all a part of being unique ;)

This isn't a suggestion guys, it's a rant. If he was suggesting it it would be in the suggestions subforum.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 1

Not having advert doesn't make the server unique, lots of servers don't have it, I also wouldn't class removing something to make a server unique as a particulary good thing anyway, because people could remove all jobs and just keep the citizen job and call the server unique.

5 hours ago, ✪ Rose said:

————Advert————

I really don’t like the damn no advert system. You can never know if you are getting raided or countered. It’s hard to know if people are with you or against you.

Other servers that I really like have advert systems. Servers like RP land have adverting, it really helps admins know what happened. Even though Hyplex is by far my favourite server on Garry’s mod, no adverting can be a big trouble, especially if you are raiding. No adverting can confuse raiders from people that counter.

Admins and mods can use this to help solve problems. For example, Suspect A claims suspect B and suspect C RDM’d him when he tried to assist, the Admin can look in logs and see if he adverted or not. Another reason why I think that this server should add adverting is because of the warning system. Players think that they can warn in voice chat when sometimes, they can be hard to understand or be counting way to quickly just because they are kill thirsty.

-Rose

(I have noticed that this is not really a rant and more of a persuasion for the owner of the server)

It's not hard at all to know when you're getting raieded lmao but sure adverting would be good