Chaos

Huge ass list of suggestions for SWRP

Posted (edited)

Alright, below I've listed lots of things that I think could improve the server, and experience for players.

Please leave feedback below ;) P.s sorry for it being so long

1. Regiments - Soon/down the line we should definitely look towards more regiments, while also specializing all the regiments (each regiment will have a main focus/utility). I have some great models for 104th, 41st, 327th and GM which we could use that are made by the same person who made the majority of the current models. Adding on to this, the ST and 74th models we have are so awful, we should definitely change them to the other model type.

2. More event maps - We definitely need more event maps to make more diverse events, which are always original. I'm sure we can collectively find some great ones after a meeting or something.

3. Event planner - Event planners currently can't really do shit, we cannot change the map for planitaries, neither spawn props for events. I understand that only senior event planner will get perms to change maps but I think us being able to spawn props should be changed. 

4. More enemy models/npc's - Currently the only good NPC model that works is the B2 droid from what i've seen, we also need more event jobs/models such as deathwatch to make events more diverse.

5. Jedi - We seriously need a better Jedi system, from Padawan > Knight > Master. Also knights and below should be able to be any other clone job (including CO's). Secondly, we definitely need to add Yoda. Also the Jedi and Sith run speed is really slow right now, and they can be defeated by any trooper who simply runs backwards and holds down on the trigger.

6. Teleporter - I've seen this somewhere on GMOD, a teleporter for events so troopers don't have to run from spawn every time they die. The teleporter can be progressively moved forward in larger maps for a more fun and engaging experience so I think this would be a nice addon to add.

7. Remove Elite's job - The server really seems to be taking a serious approach to SWRP, so when I see 'High Officer Elite' I just cringe. In my opinion it was a really bad idea and I think Elite would benefit and enjoy SWRP more from just playing like a normal clone and progressing like others (and being the bad guy in events for extra content ofc).

8. New F4 menu -  I know this is kind of unnecessary and is a hassle but the current F4 menu doesn't suit the style of SWRP that we seem to be going for at all. From the bubbles to the pink background. (I know that it can be changed but it's more of a first impression thing for players).

9. Better grenades - Here’s a grenade pack which includes a stun nade (flashbang), improved smoke grenade (cannot be spammed like right now) and pulse grenade. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113487483&searchtext=star+wars+grenades

10. Songs - Staff would have the ability to type a command e.g. /song (name) and a song from a prepicked star wars playlist would play either server wide or in a general vicinity which would really add to RP and make events far more immersing from my experience.

11. Staff models - Perhaps a droid? Or maybe something that has the Hyplex logo on it thats basic. Anything better than an unrelated hl2 model really.

12. Promotion system - A whole new revamped promotion system which would both automate your job (wouldn’t have to switch to regiment every time you load in), as well as limit the amount of promotions a player can receive in a set period of time. This would prevent speed promoting completely and would in general make jobs less of a hassle. Though we would keep CT as a regular whitelist that anyone trained can become at any time. Mentors+ would have an override for this of course and perhaps the time needed for promotions would increase as ranks get higher.

13. Shop & Cosmetics - A shop somewhere central on the ship where clones can purchase ammunition, perhaps weapon attachments, local hex shield and various cosmetic weapon/armour related things. Such as custom paints on the DC-15A (already got the models for that), or patterns/lines which can be added to helmets and body armour. Money to do this could be earned in combat (killing NPC’s and enemies/troopers in sims), winning official sim tournaments or through micro transactions (!shop).

14. Attachments for weapons - These would be available for purchase in the shop talked about above, you could buy say a damage boost attachment which would slightly buff weapon damage, or a magazine capacity attachment, recoil compensator, scopes etc. (Kind of like in FA:2S) These would add a whole new aspect to customizing weapons and would allow us to adapt weapons to our play style. Kind of like how a skilltree works. There would be various options for us to take for each attachment slot but we can only choose one. Maybe attachments could also be stored in our inventories for quick access/switching.

15. Inventory System - The shop idea above would need an inventory system to store ammunition and other utilities which are crucial/useful in combat. If you have any ideas of what else could be stored in our inventories say so in your replies, though something like a health stim would be cool (small portable health boost).

16. Meteor tool - A useful tool which can spawn rocket like entities which look like meteorites. It also has a mode that spawns a meteor shower which would be amazing for both ship and planetary events.

17. Better PVP - We should really focus on making PVP more entertaining as it's what some players are looking for, here's my ideas for this:

- Buffing certain weapons: With damage and/or rate of fire, Especially all the snipers (dmg) and dual dc-15's (rate of fire).

- New combat mechanic: The ability to 'knock out' players who can be picked up by any other trooper which would make regiment teamwork far more necessary and prominent (like in PUBG, not sure if this is possible though).

- Damage: Make headshots deal more damage compared to chest shots (more skill involved, I believe that it's currently implemented but its so unnoticeable).

- Buff HP: Buff all HP levels so combat lasts for longer, and isn't a who clicks their mouse first sort of thing. Could be done with a skilltree but I think that base HP should also be slightly raised, to maybe 400 or something.

- Regimental medic: Designate one 74th trooper to each regiment. This would mean that they would take orders from different regiments in combat, but would be trained and chosen by their own commander. This is a better idea than adding a medic for each regiment in my opinion (doesn't kill 74th), and is better than having all the 74th's group up together which is what always happens from what I've seen. But maybe only CPL's+ get designated to regiments so the lower ranks can be properly trained in combat first.

- Stamina and health regen: These would both add to combat and skill (stamina conservation), while also adding mechanics to the planned skilltree (extra stamina, faster regen).

- HUD: Fix the damn hud, or get a new one. The current HUD doesn't show HP and as Large has said when I asked for it to be fixed before, it won't work so I think a new HUD is our best option, maybe one that also has the stamina idea from above integrated but I know that's a long shot.

- Leaning? Like in PUBG (not sure if this is possible either though), leaning from side to side while aiming down scope would add to combat when breaching, though it's not a priority of course.

Edited by Chaos
  • Like 3

wow. you put a lot of work into this. i love all of these ideas. Just need some clarification on these ones though (i know i'm a pain)

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- Regimental medic: Designate one 74th trooper to each regiment. This would mean that they would take orders from different regiments in combat, but would be trained and chosen by their own commander. This is a better idea than adding a medic for each regiment in my opinion (doesn't kill 74th), and is better than having all the 74th's group up together which is what always happens from what I've seen. But maybe only CPL's+ get designated to regiments so the lower ranks can be properly trained in combat first.

do you mean that there will be a special job like 501st medic that they will switch into. This would be to prevent getting confused by seeing 1 orange guy among the blue.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- New combat mechanic: The ability to 'knock out' players who can be picked up by any other trooper which would make regiment teamwork far more necessary and prominent (like in PUBG, not sure if this is possible though).

so instead of dying you get knocked out and have to be revived to get back into the fight. you can also respawn if you want (no medics on for instance).  i saw this in RedSpartan's video and i love the idea and really want it to be added.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hazzardroid said:

wow. you put a lot of work into this. i love all of these ideas. Just need some clarification on these ones though (i know i'm a pain)

do you mean that there will be a special job like 501st medic that they will switch into. This would be to prevent getting confused by seeing 1 orange guy among the blue.

so instead of dying you get knocked out and have to be revived to get back into the fight. you can also respawn if you want (no medics on for instance).  i saw this in RedSpartan's video and i love the idea and really want it to be added.

So for the medic thing, I agree that having a medic job for each regiment would be easier/better but people don't want 74th to become irrelevant, so I was thinking that the 74th trooper would change their name to something like this '74th SGT 501st Colt', and maybe player models could also be changed. But changing the models might be too far in some peoples eyes (I think its a good idea tho).

Which video was this in? I have redspartan on steam so I could ask him what server it was to get the addon ;) 

Edit: I think I found the addon in his most recent vid, does it work kind of like a defibrillator?

Edited by Chaos

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

3. Event planner - Event planners currently can't really do shit, we cannot change the map for planitaries, neither spawn props for events. I understand that only senior event planner will get perms to change maps but I think us being able to spawn props should be changed. 

No one can spawn props unless me or salty up the limit.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

7. Remove Elite's job - The server really seems to be taking a serious approach to SWRP, so when I see 'High Officer Elite' I just cringe. In my opinion it was a really bad idea and I think Elite would benefit and enjoy SWRP more from just playing like a normal clone and progressing like others (and being the bad guy in events for extra content ofc).

Elite asked me for something cool that would be cool to use. This job allows him to test various different equipment, along with having a commanding aspect to his video's. 

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

11. Staff models - Perhaps a droid? Or maybe something that has the Hyplex logo on it thats basic. Anything better than an unrelated hl2 model really.

This isn't too important imo, however I could see it getting possibly changed.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

8. New F4 menu -  I know this is kind of unnecessary and is a hassle but the current F4 menu doesn't suit the style of SWRP that we seem to be going for at all. From the bubbles to the pink background. (I know that it can be changed but it's more of a first impression thing for players).

I'm 100% sure we were doing this change after donations were implemented.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

6. Teleporter - I've seen this somewhere on GMOD, a teleporter for events so troopers don't have to run from spawn every time they die. The teleporter can be progressively moved forward in larger maps for a more fun and engaging experience so I think this would be a nice addon to add.

Ngl, this will basically remove the purpose of what we had in mind for the tactical insertion.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- Buffing certain weapons: With damage and/or rate of fire, Especially all the snipers (dmg) and dual dc-15's (rate of fire).

We already had this in mind on release, however we didn't get round to it as it is a bit complicated.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I'm sure this is possible, and its a good shout, but is easily abused.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- Damage: Make headshots deal more damage compared to chest shots (more skill involved, I believe that it's currently implemented but its so unnoticeable).

I'm pretty sure this already exists.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I personally don't want this added, if we did this then there would be no point in that regiment all together, which means we would then have to add a medical branch, which we don't want to do

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- Stamina and health regen: These would both add to combat and skill (stamina conservation), while also adding mechanics to the planned skilltree (extra stamina, faster regen).

This is a good shout but we have something else planned now (its a bit different and overwrites the skilltree plan).

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

- HUD: Fix the damn hud, or get a new one. The current HUD doesn't show HP and as Large has said when I asked for it to be fixed before, it won't work so I think a new HUD is our best option, maybe one that also has the stamina idea from above integrated but I know that's a long shot.

I like the current HUD, I'm pretty sure the maker of the script is updating it to have the figures, but salty could do it easily. 

Although I don't agree with most of these I am grateful you've spent time in this post, I can see some of these being added but its up to salty now. He can see which ones I disagree with and so can you, I appreciate your thinking on the server behalf @Chaos.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Edit: I think I found the addon in his most recent vid, does it work kind of like a defibrillator?

yep

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Large said:

Ngl, this will basically remove the purpose of what we had in mind for the tactical insertion.

Good point on this one, completely forgot about that xD Just think for certain events it might come in handy.

I'm pretty sure this already exists.

Yea it does but it's very slight and so unnoticeable, if it could be slightly tweaked that'd be great!

I personally don't want this added, if we did this then there would be no point in that regiment all together, which means we would then have to add a medical branch, which we don't want to do

Yea, when I was talking to Deathwing about this he said it wasn't going to happen, just hoped that by not changing models, yet still designating certain 74th to regiments it would help add structure to 74th as right now they just clump together like I said above.

I like the current HUD, I'm pretty sure the maker of the script is updating it to have the figures, but salty could do it easily. 

Very glad to hear this, cheers!

All your other responses I don't really have any comments on, thanks for the quick feedback ;) 

Edited by Chaos

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

aving all the 74th's group up together which is what always happens from what I've seen.

If they do this tell them to go into groups with other people

16 hours ago, Xaden | Zairen said:

If they do this tell them to go into groups with other people

I've tried but they always end up together again ;/ When the server is relaunched I'd make sure that your troopers know that 74th should be scattered throughout the regiments, and not all together.

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I've tried but they always end up together again ;/ When the server is relaunched I'd make sure that your troopers know that 74th should be scattered throughout the regiments, and not all together.

Almost every event im with them we are, Ill make sure to tell them during training now though and before every event

On 09/01/2018 at 11:08 AM, Chaos said:

7. Remove Elite's job

Elite needs a powerful job to get good, action filled content, if he didn’t have slightly op weapons then he wouldn’t be able to get good action filled content out.

11. Staff models

This is irrelevant, we don’t need specific models for staff as staff are supposed to be cloaked all the time, unless in sits.

16. Meteor tool

We have this

Regimental medic:

This really doesn’t help because if we had a medic ASSIGNED to a regiment the other regiments might not have one and will die.

HUD

Large actually paid for our HUD I believe so I don’t think this will even happen.

• Like 1

i mean i will some of this stuff but most are already in

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr.Salty said:

i mean i will some of this stuff but most are already in

Alright, also going to PM you 1 last suggestion as it relates to some of the new stuff thats being added.

10 hours ago, Infusion said:

Elite needs a powerful job to get good, action filled content, if he didn’t have slightly op weapons then he wouldn’t be able to get good action filled content out.

This is irrelevant, we don’t need specific models for staff as staff are supposed to be cloaked all the time, unless in sits.

We have this

This really doesn’t help because if we had a medic ASSIGNED to a regiment the other regiments might not have one and will die.

Large actually paid for our HUD I believe so I don’t think this will even happen.

Thanks for the feedback, didn't realize we had meteorite tool this whole time dammit xD Though I don't think my rank can use it? Yea, I like everything about the current HUD other than the lack of information it gives. But Aesthetically it's very nice.

For Elite's job I think we should atleast fix his weapons, to ones more suitable. I think the RPG, cloak, grapple and stuff like that is fine for his job but things like the (RT-97C) which is a rebel weapon should be changed/removed.

As for the medic thing, I get your point of view but I think that in events from now on if we have enough medics we should designate one to each regiment (just for the time during the event).

Edited by Chaos

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

As for the medic thing, I get your point of view but I think that in events from now on if we have enough medics we should designate one to each regiment (just for the time during the event).

So, you want a member from the 74th to be designated to each regiment during an event? I feel like this could be a good idea, depending on the amount of 74th we have on during that event.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathWing said:

So, you want a member from the 74th to be designated to each regiment during an event? I feel like this could be a good idea, depending on the amount of 74th we have on during that event.

Yea, that’s the idea. Though using models for regimental medics (74th during events) would be so sick. But it’d be such a hassle of whitelist, followed by unwhitelist before and after events.

Thats why I think the best case scenario would be to allow regiments to ‘hire’ 74th troopers in a sense. They would use the other regiment model during events, but would usually just use the 74th ones. And they would be able to join that other regiment that they were ‘hired’ for whenever they want during all events.

Having special models for regiments wouldn't be too great. I think we should keep it how it is and don't just dedicate them to regiments, as usually they are spread out across the map in events anyways. In events medics have never functioned like the rest of the regiments where they stick as a regiment, for as long as I can remember we have always had them spread out so they are accessible.