MyNameIsJeff

Defcons and battlestations

We should add Defcon and battle station so it would make the server more RP and it would not be boring [the server is not boring but if you write "Troopers stay on alert" it] It just waste of time

The people who could say that Defcon should I think are SGTM-Sergeant Major 

Defcon 5-Everything is calm.

Defcon 4- Staff Should be on alert

Defcon 3- Battlestations

Defcon 2-System Damaged

Defcon 1-Evacuating

Don’t like the idea of this as it’s been seen on swrp before. If we were to do something  like this we would need it to be unique, when I thought of this idea, the first thing that came to mind was a certain server name. If we come up with something unique, when people hear of it they’ll think of Hyplex. But if we can’t think of something unique I don’t believe this should be added, however I’m going to see other people’s opinions on this.

Edited by Large
  • Agree 2

I like the idea of defcons but not your ones.

Defcon 1 - Guns away, natural state

Defcon 2 - Guns out, on alert

Defcon 3 - Search and clear the ship

Defcon 4 - Battlestations

Defcon 5 - All defend engine room and third floor

Defcon 6 - All to MHB to evacuate the ship

Though we shouldn't name it defcons, something unique that people would remember hyplex for. Maybe if we integrated these into the HUD somehow in flashing red letters as the defcon level escalates.

I hate the idea of Defcons. As Large said it is not unique and many servers have started copying this idea from this one server. So maybe if we were to have something like this let it be unique.

perhaps we could use a word like threat, alert or caution?

I know these are common words but they are not as widely used as defcon for this particular purpose in SWRP

-Closed-

We may implement our own version of this but it isn't guaranteed.